Connect with us _

t: 01308 861113

Blog Making it easy to buy green!

> checkout

Wednesday 23 January 2013

Does a shower scrubby need to be nylon?

In a word no - but if that was all I had to say on this then I may as well not be writing this blog.

I never used to be a fan of scrubbies.  They were everywhere and made of horrid bright colour nylon.  Not very sustainable.  I then met the wonderful Cornish Crafty Girls who sent me a very special present.  A natural wool shower scrubbie with a lovely scented soap.  

Their gorgeous scrubbies are very different from the stereo-type scrubbie.  They are lovingly made using hand spun  Kerry Hill wool which is then crocheted into an attractive fist-sized scrubbie.  Kerry Hill sheep produce a dense fleece of soft, fine wool free of irritating kemp. The breed was once on the rare breed register - but is now making a comeback.   

Do wool scrubbies make sense?
Absolutely.  Wool is naturally Anti- Bacterial, Anti- Fungal and Anti-Microbial due to its microscopic scales. This makes a lot of sense in a Scrubbie! 

I love my scrubbie and would recomend it to anyone.   I have delicate skin and can not wear wool next to my skin, but this scrubbie I use every morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment